Re: 9.2beta1, parallel queries, ReleasePredicateLocks, CheckForSerializableConflictIn in the oprofile

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: 9.2beta1, parallel queries, ReleasePredicateLocks, CheckForSerializableConflictIn in the oprofile
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Sergey Koposov <koposov@ast.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> I guess there is nothing catastrophically wrong with that, but still I'm
> very suprised that you get severe locking problems (factor of two slow-down)
> when running parallel read-only transactions.

Me, too.  How many concurrent connections are you running, and does
your working set exceed shared_buffers?  Can you provide a
self-contained reproducible test case?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company