Re: [9.1] unusable for large views

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [9.1] unusable for large views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 4:57 AM, Omar Bettin
<o.bettin@informaticaindustriale.it> wrote:
> I have tried 9.1.1 win64 version and when I am trying to declare a cursor
> for a very large view (lot of joins and aggregate functions),
>
> postgres is using around 3GB of memory and the query never returns.

Hmm.  A 59-table join is pretty enormous.

I wish we had a better way to handle these kinds of queries.  Odds are
good that the join order doesn't matter much, and in an ideal world we
would be able to notice that and just use some simple heuristic to
pick a tolerably good one.  As it is, I am a bit surprised to hear
that GEQO isn't bailing you out.

Can you EXPLAIN a query against that view, or does even that wipe out?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company