Re: Add new protocol message to change GUCs for usage with future protocol-only GUCs

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Add new protocol message to change GUCs for usage with future protocol-only GUCs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 5, 2024 at 12:20 PM Jelte Fennema-Nio <me@jeltef.nl> wrote:
> They are not fundamentally transactional afaict based on the changes
> that were needed so far. It makes sense too, because e.g. SIGHUP
> should change the GUC value if the config changed no matter if the
> current transaction aborts or succeeds.

Well, AtEOXact_GUC either reverts or puts back changes to GUC values
that have happened in that (sub)transaction, depending on whether the
(sub)transaction committed or aborted. To make that work, there's a
"stack" of GUC values for any given setting. For a non-transactional
value, we wouldn't have all that infrastructure...

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com