Re: Temporary tables prevent autovacuum, leading to XID wraparound

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Temporary tables prevent autovacuum, leading to XID wraparound
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 6:03 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not sure that we would like to give up that easily the property
> that we have now to clean up past temporary files only at postmaster
> startup and only when not in recovery.  If you implement that, there is
> a risk that the backend you are starting is eating the connection slot
> and by consequence its temporary schema and its set of temporary tables
> on which one may want to look into after a crash.

You can't actually do that from SQL, because as soon as you try to
access your pg_temp schema, it'll be cleared out.  All this changes
does is move that forward from time-of-first-access to session start.
That's a significant change that needs discussion, but I don't think
it has the effect you are supposing.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company