Re: Add support for AT LOCAL

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Add support for AT LOCAL
Дата
Re: Add support for AT LOCAL  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 7:33 PM Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> I feel the gravity and longevity of xlc bugs has been out of proportion with
> the compiler's contribution to PostgreSQL.  I would find it reasonable to
> revoke xlc support in v17+, leaving AIX gcc support in place.

+1 for this proposal. I just think this is getting silly. We're saying
that we only have access to 1 or 2 AIX machines, and most of us have
access to none, and the compiler has serious code generation bugs that
are present in both a release 11 years old and also a release current
release, meaning they went unfixed for 10 years, and we can't report
bugs or get them fixed when we find them, and the use of this
particular compiler in the buildfarm isn't finding any issues that
matter anywhere else.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure that even AIX gcc support is
delivering enough value per unit work to justify keeping it around.
But the xlc situation is worse.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: The danger of deleting backup_label
Сообщение: Re: The danger of deleting backup_label