Re: [BUGS] BUG #14244: wrong suffix for pg_size_pretty()

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14244: wrong suffix for pg_size_pretty()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> That's why I was asking you to comment on the final patch, which I am
> planning to apply to PG 10 soon.

Oh, OK.  I didn't understand that that was what you are asking.  I
don't find either of your proposed final patches to be an improvement
over the status quo.  I think the selection of kB rather than KB was a
deliberate decision by Peter Eisentraut, and I don't think changing
our practice now buys us anything meaningful.  Your first patch
introduces an odd wart into the GUC mechanism, with a strange wording
for the message, to fix something that's not really broken in the
first place.  Your second one alters kB to KB in zillions of places
all over the code base, and I am quite sure that there is no consensus
to do anything of that sort.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company