Re: PATCH: pgbench - aggregation of info written into log

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: PATCH: pgbench - aggregation of info written into log
Дата
Re: PATCH: pgbench - aggregation of info written into log
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> wrote:
> This patch is a bit less polished (and more complex) than the other
> pgbench patch I've sent a while back, and I'm not sure how to handle the
> Windows branch. That needs to be fixed during the commit fest.

What's the problem with the Windows branch?

Could you un-cuddle your brances to follow the PostgreSQL style, omit
braces around single-statement blocks, and remove the spurious
whitespace changes?

Instead of having both use_log_agg and naggseconds, I think you can
get by with just having a single variable that is zero if aggregation
is not in use and is otherwise the aggregation period.  On a related
note, you can't specify -A without an associated value, so there is no
point in documenting a "default".  As with your other patch, I suggest
using a long option name like --latency-aggregate-interval and then
making the name of the variable in the code match the option name,
with s/-/_/g, for clarity.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company