Re: canceling autovacuum task woes

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: canceling autovacuum task woes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of mar jul 24 15:52:23 -0400 2012:
>> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Alvaro Herrera
>> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> > Yep, it says:
>> >
>> > ERROR:  canceling autovacuum task
>> > CONTEXT:  automatic vacuum of table "alvherre.public.foo"
>> >
>> > So at least that part seems pilot error more than anything else.
>>
>> Yeah, you're right.  So you do get the table name.  But you don't get
>> the cause, which is what you really need to understand why it's
>> happening.  Attached is a patch that adds some more detail.  Here's an
>> example of what the output looks like:
>>
>> LOG:  sending cancel to blocking autovacuum PID 21595
>> DETAIL:  Process 21618 waits for AccessExclusiveLock on relation 27863
>> of database 16384
>> STATEMENT:  drop table if exists pgbench_accounts
>> ERROR:  canceling autovacuum task
>> CONTEXT:  automatic vacuum of table "rhaas.public.pgbench_accounts"
>
> Looks great.  Are you considering backpatching this?

Well, that would certainly make MY life easier.  I am not sure whether
it would be in line with project policy, however.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: canceling autovacuum task woes
Сообщение: Re: canceling autovacuum task woes