Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Rename "pg_clog" directory to "pg_xact".

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Rename "pg_clog" directory to "pg_xact".
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org> writes:
>> Rename "pg_clog" directory to "pg_xact".
>
> There should probably have been a catversion bump in here.

I thought about it, but:

[rhaas pgsql]$ git show --stat
88e66d193fbaf756b3cc9bf94cad116aacbb355b src/include/catalog/
[rhaas pgsql]$

The comments in catversion.h say this:

 * The catalog version number is used to flag incompatible changes in
 * the PostgreSQL system catalogs.  Whenever anyone changes the format of
 * a system catalog relation, or adds, deletes, or modifies standard
 * catalog entries in such a way that an updated backend wouldn't work
 * with an old database (or vice versa), the catalog version number
 * should be changed.

This commit did none of those things.

I see your point, of course, I'm just explaining why I didn't do it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company