Re: GUC for temporarily disabling event triggers

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: GUC for temporarily disabling event triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 5, 2023 at 8:12 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> > On 6 Apr 2023, at 00:06, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> > If there is no strong
> > case for more than a boolean for now, simpler is better.
>
> The attached version of the patch replaces it with a boolean flag for turning
> off all event triggers, and I also renamed it to the debug_xxx "GUC namespace"
> which seemed more appropriate.

I don't care for the debug_xxx renaming, myself. I think that should
be reserved for things where we believe there's no reason to ever use
it in production/real life, or for things whose purpose is to emit
debugging messages. Neither is the case here.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com