Re: Show lossy heap block info in EXPLAIN ANALYZE for bitmap heap scan

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Show lossy heap block info in EXPLAIN ANALYZE for bitmap heap scan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 5:02 AM, Etsuro Fujita
<fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Though at first I agreed on this, while working on this I start to think information about (2) is enough for tuning
work_mem. Here are examples using a version under development, where "Bitmap Memory Usage" means (peak) memory space
usedby a TIDBitmap, and "Desired" means the memory required to guarantee non-lossy storage of a TID set, which is shown
onlywhen the TIDBitmap has been lossified.  (work_mem = 1MB.)

I'd be wary of showing a desired value unless it's highly likely to be accurate.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: ANALYZE sampling is too good
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: shared memory message queues