Re: Request improve pg_stat_statements module

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Request improve pg_stat_statements module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 8:01 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your patch!
>
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 4:18 PM,  <pgsql-kr@postgresql.kr> wrote:
>> I patched to add one column in pg_stat_statements module.
>> and sent to author but
>> I need a last time of query, because I want to analyse order by recent time.
> Hm... I am not sure that this brings much to pg_stat_statements, which
> is interested to gather normalized information about the queries run
> on the server. For example, things like calculating the average time
> of a query by using total_time/calls or even the total time to guess
> where is an application bottleneck is interesting on a busy system,
> while the latest timestamp is not really an information that can be
> used for query tuning. Getting the latest timestamp when a query has
> run is particularly not interesting on OLTP-like applications where
> many short transactions are running. It is more interesting to
> classify query results by either calls, total_time or the combination
> of both IMO.

FWIW, I think it's a neat idea, but I think this proposal is probably
too late for 9.4.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation
Сообщение: Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation