Re: Weird failure with latches in curculio on v15

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Weird failure with latches in curculio on v15
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 16, 2023 at 10:02 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> But there's nothing inherent in that. We know for certain which files we're
> going to archive. And we don't need to work one-by-one. The archiver could
> just start multiple subprocesses at the same time.

But what if it doesn't want to start multiple processes, just
multiplex within a single process?

> What I was trying to point out was that the work a "restorer" process has to
> do is more speculative, because we don't know when we'll promote, whether
> we'll follow a timeline increase, whether the to-be-restored WAL already
> exists. That's solvable, but a bunch of the relevant work ought to be solved
> in core core code, instead of just in archive modules.

Yep, I can see that there are some things to figure out there, and I
agree that they should be figured out in the core code.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com