Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 3:17 AM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> I don't think we really want to get into theorem-proving here, because
>> it's slow.
>
> Just to be clear, I'm saying we could use theorem-proving (if at all) just
> for the default partition.

I don't really see why it should be needed there either.  We've got
all the bounds in order, so we should know where there are any gaps
that are covered by the default partition in the range we care about.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company