Re: why partition pruning doesn't work?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: why partition pruning doesn't work?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 7:23 AM, David Rowley
<david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> However, I only spent about 10 mins looking into this, there may be
> some giant holes in the idea.  It would need much more research.

It kind of flies in the face of the idea that a RangeTblEntry is just
a node that can be freely copied around, serialized and deserialized,
etc.

I think it would be better to keep the pointer in the RelOptInfo in
the planner and in the EState or PlanState in the executor.  Those are
things we don't think can be copied, serialized, etc.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company