Re: Use XLOG_CONTROL_FILE macro everywhere?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Use XLOG_CONTROL_FILE macro everywhere?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 24, 2024 at 8:04 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2024 at 12:32:46PM +0300, Anton A. Melnikov wrote:
> > To ensure backward compatibility we can save the old macro like this:
> >
> > #define XLOG_CONTROL_FILE     "global/pg_control"
> > #define PG_CONTROL_FILE               XLOG_CONTROL_FILE
> >
> > With the best wishes,
>
> Not sure that I would bother with a second one.  But, well, why not if
> people want to rename it, as long as you keep compatibility.

I vote for just standardizing on XLOG_CONTROL_FILE. That name seems
sufficiently intuitive to me, and I'd rather have one identifier for
this than two. It's simpler that way.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: New committers: Melanie Plageman, Richard Guo
Сообщение: Re: New committers: Melanie Plageman, Richard Guo