Re: allowing broader use of simplehash

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: allowing broader use of simplehash
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 2:33 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I was basically just thinking that we could pass the context to use via
> CurrentMemoryContext, instead of explicitly passing it in.

I thought about that, but as a general rule, replacing a function
parameter with a global variable is the wrong direction. One could
argue this particular case is a counterexample, and I won't fight
tooth and nail if you want to take that position, but I don't think I
believe it myself.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company