Re: [HACKERS] Time to drop old-style (V0) functions?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Time to drop old-style (V0) functions?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 3:11 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I think a more efficient variant would make the function signature look
> something like:
>
> Datum /* directly returned argument */
> pgfunc(
>         /* extra information about function call */
>         FunctionCallInfo *fcinfo,
>         /* bitmap of NULL arguments */
>         uint64_t nulls,
>         /* first argument */
>         Datum arg0,
>         /* second argument */
>         Datum arg1,
>         /* returned NULL */
>         bool *isnull
> );

Yeah, that's kind of nice.  I like the uint64 for nulls, although
FUNC_MAX_ARGS > 64 by default and certainly can be configured that
way.  It wouldn't be a problem for any common cases, of course.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] increasing the default WAL segment size
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] increasing the default WAL segment size