Re: BUG #15895: pg_dump execution with OpenSSL encryption fromWindows Service application

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BUG #15895: pg_dump execution with OpenSSL encryption fromWindows Service application
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 3:02 AM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> We would like to make some Postgres databases backups from a windows service
> application, using OpenSSL app to encrypt those files. To accomplish that we
> use a batch file, containing that command lines. If we do it in two steps,
> first we make the backup file and after that we want to encrypt it or even
> when we include in Postgres "pg_dump" instructions it doesn't work, I
> presume because the service app is running as SYSTEM. If I run the same
> application as desktop mode it works fine.

Hi Ervin,

I have a couple of comments.

1. This doesn't sound like a bug report. There are other mailing lists
for user questions.

2. If you don't actually describe the exact series of steps that you
followed, the chances that anyone else is going to be able to comment
usefully are not good.

3. "it doesn't work" is the textbook example of how not to report a problem.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company