Re: [HACKERS] proposal: schema variables

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] proposal: schema variables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 12:28 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> It true, so there are lot of "unused" attributes for this purpose, but there
> is lot of shared attributes, and lot of shared code. Semantically, I see
> variables in family of sequences, tables, indexes, views. Now, it shares
> code, and I hope in next steps more code can be shared - constraints,
> triggers.

I dunno, it seems awfully different to me.  There's only one "column",
right?  What code is really shared here?  Are constraints and triggers
even desirable feature for variables?  What would be the use case?

I think stuffing this into pg_class is pretty strange.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company