Re: Allow CLUSTER, VACUUM FULL and REINDEX to change tablespace onthe fly

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Allow CLUSTER, VACUUM FULL and REINDEX to change tablespace onthe fly
Дата
Re: Allow CLUSTER, VACUUM FULL and REINDEX to change tablespace onthe fly  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 12:43 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> It seems to me that it would be good to keep the patch as simple as
> possible for its first version, and split it into two if you would
> like to add this new option instead of bundling both together.  This
> makes the review of one and the other more simple.  Anyway, regarding
> the grammar, is SET TABLESPACE really our best choice here?  What
> about:
> - TABLESPACE = foo, in parenthesis only?
> - Only using TABLESPACE, without SET at the end of the query?
>
> SET is used in ALTER TABLE per the set of subqueries available there,
> but that's not the case of REINDEX.

So, earlier in this thread, I suggested making this part of ALTER
TABLE, and several people seemed to like that idea. Did we have a
reason for dropping that approach?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company