Re: Emit fewer vacuum records by reaping removable tuples during pruning

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Emit fewer vacuum records by reaping removable tuples during pruning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 10:09 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, I see. Good catch.
>
> I've now committed 0001.

I have now also committed 0002 and 0003. I made some modifications to
0003. Specifically:

- I moved has_lpdead_items inside the loop over blocks instead of
putting it at the function toplevel.
- I adjusted the comments in lazy_scan_prune() because it seemed to me
that the comment about "Now scan the page..." had gotten too far
separated from the loop where that happens.
- I combined two lines in an if-test because one of them was kinda short.

Hope that's OK with you.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com