Re: ALTER TABLE ... NOREWRITE option

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE ... NOREWRITE option
Дата
Re: ALTER TABLE ... NOREWRITE option
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> That's why we need a mechanism which either logs, or aborts on specific
> actions.  From the perspective of the DevOps staff, abort is possibly
> the better option, but there may be issues with it on our end.  That was
> the attraction of the original NOREWRITE patch, although as I said that
> suffers from new keywords and a total lack of extensibility.

You know, event triggers seem like an awfully good solution to this
problem.  All we'd need is a new event called table_rewrite:

CREATE EVENT TRIGGER my_event_trigger   ON table_rewrite   EXECUTE PROCEDURE consider_whether_to_throw_an_error();

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Dumping an Extension's Script
Сообщение: Re: Dumping an Extension's Script