Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] [postgresql 10 beta3] unrecognized node type: 90

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] [postgresql 10 beta3] unrecognized node type: 90
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> That seems like an unacceptably fragile assumption.  Even if it happens to
> be true today, we would need to fix it sooner or later.  (And I kinda
> suspect it's possible to break it today, anyway.  Treating PARAM_EXEC
> Params as parallel-restricted seems to lock out the easiest cases, but we
> have param slots that don't correspond to any Param node, eg for recursive
> union worktables.  replace_nestloop_params is also a source of PARAM_EXEC
> Params that won't be detected during is_parallel_safe() tests, because it
> happens later.)

Those particular cases are, I think, handled.  The CTE case is handled
by considering CTE scans as parallel-restricted, and the nestloop case
is handled by insisting that all partial paths must be
unparameterized.  You can join a partial path to a parameterized
non-partial path to make a new partial path, but neither the original
partial path nor the resulting one can itself be parameterized.

- fuller description.  Academic literature on parallel query suggests that
+ fuller description.  The academic literature on parallel query suggests

That sentence isn't wrong as written.

I don't really understand the part about depending on a parallel-aware
node.  I mean, there should always be one, except in the
single-copy-Gather case, but why is it right to depend on that rather
than anything else?  What happens when the Parallel Hash patch goes in
and we have multiple parallel-aware scan nodes (plus a parallel-aware
Hash node) under the same Gather?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company