Re: Refactoring of compression options in pg_basebackup

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Refactoring of compression options in pg_basebackup
Дата
Re: Refactoring of compression options in pg_basebackup  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 10:23 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> Using --compression-level=NUMBER and --server-compress=METHOD to
> specify a server-side compression method with a level is fine by me,
> but I find the reuse of --compress to specify a compression method
> confusing as it maps with the past option we have kept in
> pg_basebackup for a couple of years now.  Based on your suggested set
> of options, we could then have a --client-compress=METHOD and
> --compression-level=NUMBER to specify a client-side compression method
> with a level.  If we do that, I guess that we should then:
> 1) Block the combination of --server-compress and --client-compress.
> 2) Remove the existing -Z/--compress and -z/--gzip.

I could live with that. I'm not sure that --client-compress instead of
reusing --compress is going to be better ... but I don't think it's
awful so much as just not my first choice. I also don't think it would
be horrid to leave -z, --gzip, and -Z as shorthands for the
--client-compress=gzip with --compression-level also in the last case,
instead of removing all that stuff.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Why is src/test/modules/committs/t/002_standby.pl flaky?
Сообщение: Re: Why is src/test/modules/committs/t/002_standby.pl flaky?