Re: unused code in float8_to_char , formatting.c ?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: unused code in float8_to_char , formatting.c ?
Дата
Re: unused code in float8_to_char , formatting.c ?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Greg Jaskiewicz <gryzman@me.com> wrote:
> Looking around the code Today, one of my helpful tools detected this dead code.
> As far as I can see, it is actually unused call to strlen() in formatting.c, float8_to_char().

I poked at this a little and suggest the following somewhat more
extensive cleanup.

It seems to me that there are a bunch of these functions where len is
unconditionally initialized in NUM_TOCHAR_prepare and then used there.
 Similarly in NUM_TOCHAR_cleanup.  And then there's a chunk of each
individual function that does it a third time.  Rather than use the
same variable in all three places, I've moved the variable
declarations to the innermost possible scope.  Doing that revealed a
bunch of other, similar places where we can get rid of strlen() calls.

Does this version seem like a good idea?

...Robert

Вложения