Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
>> In order to know how much we're
>> giving up in that case, we need the exact number I asked you to
>> provide in my previous email: the ratio of the cost of strcoll() to
>> the cost of memcmp().
>>
>> I see that you haven't chosen to provide that information in any of
>> your four responses.
>
> Well, it's kind of difficult to give that number in a vacuum.

No, not really.  All you have to do is right a little test program to
gather the information.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: bad estimation together with large work_mem generates terrible slow hash joins