Re: [HACKERS] reload-through-the-top-parent switch the partition table

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] reload-through-the-top-parent switch the partition table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Peter Eisentraut
> On 8/2/17 13:58, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I notice that the option list already includes some references to
>> "insert", so maybe "--insert-via-partition-root"?  Although you could
>> argue that that's confusing when we're using COPY.
>
> "load" could be more general.  But I'm also OK with "restore".

"load" seems better than "restore" to me, both because it's shorter
and because it sounds less like pg_dump will be doing the job of
pg_restore.

So maybe --load-via-partition-root if nobody likes my previous
suggestion of --partition-data-via-root ?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company