Re: [pg_rewind] cp: cannot stat ‘pg_wal/RECOVERYHISTORY’: No such file or directory

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [pg_rewind] cp: cannot stat ‘pg_wal/RECOVERYHISTORY’: No such file or directory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 7:08 AM Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> wrote:
> This can surely be fixed from the script. While configuring the old
> master as a standby server, clear/modify the settings in
> postgresql.auto.conf. But, it contradicts with the comment in the file
> which forbids the user from editing the file.

The user isn't really forbidden from editing the file.  They can do so
safely when the server is down.

This whole thing looks like a nonissue to me.  If you set it up wrong,
it won't work.  So don't do that.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company