Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Data at rest encryption

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Data at rest encryption
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Data at rest encryption  (Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 11:07 AM, Peter Eisentraut
> On 6/7/16 9:56 AM, Ants Aasma wrote:
>>
>> Similar things can be achieved with filesystem level encryption.
>> However this is not always optimal for various reasons. One of the
>> better reasons is the desire for HSM based encryption in a storage
>> area network based setup.
>
> Could you explain this in more detail?

I don't think Ants ever responded to this point.

I'm curious whether this is something that is likely to be pursued for
PostgreSQL 11.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company