Re: Facility for detecting insecure object naming

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Facility for detecting insecure object naming
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 4:42 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> So you are saying PG functions should lock down their search path at
> function definition time, and use that for all function invocations?

Yes, mostly.  I don't think we can just change the existing behavior;
it would break a catastrophic amount of stuff.  But we could add an
optional feature that does this, and encourage people to use it, much
the way Perl continues to support "local" even though "my" has been a
best practice for several decades.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company