Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 13, 2024 at 6:05 AM Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please, find a my version of this fix attached.  I think we need to
> check relpersistence in a similar way ATTACH PARTITION or CREATE TABLE
> ... PARTITION OF do.  I'm going to polish this a little bit more.

+ errmsg("\"%s\" is not an ordinary table",

This is not a phrasing that we use in any other error message. We
always just say "is not a table".

+ * Open the new partition and acquire exclusive lock on it.  This will

A minor nitpick is that this should probably say access exclusive
rather than exclusive. But the bigger thing that confuses me here is
that if we just created the partition, surely we must *already* hold
AccessExclusiveLoc on it. No?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com