Re: Still something fishy in the fastpath lock stuff

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Still something fishy in the fastpath lock stuff
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 12:59 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems to me that the simplest thing to do might be
> just this:
>
> -static FastPathStrongRelationLockData *FastPathStrongRelationLocks;
> +static volatile FastPathStrongRelationLockData *FastPathStrongRelationLocks;
>
> Do you see any problem with that approach?

Hearing nothing, I went ahead and did this.  I see that the failure on
prairiedog only occurred once, so I don't know how we'll know whether
this fixed the problem that caused that failure or merely fixed a
problem that could cause a failure, but I'm not sure what else we can
really do at this point.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company