Re: Add timeline to partial WAL segments

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Add timeline to partial WAL segments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 11:29 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> I really don't think that it is a good idea to link a future timeline
> within a segment which includes in its name a direct reference to its
> current timeline.  Also  I don't buy much the argument that those
> segments are a nuisance as well all the time.  They may be for some
> tools, however not for others depending on the archiving strategy
> (distributed locations for example), and if they are a problem for your
> deployments, why not just discarding them within the archive command and
> be done with them?

-1.  Writing an archive_command already requires a PhD in
PostgreSQL-ology.  The very last thing we should do is invent even
more ways for an archive command to be subtly wrong.

I have a feeling the already-known ways to do it wrong are not too
well documented, which is another problem.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode
Сообщение: Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode