Re: Using pg_upgrade on log-shipping standby servers

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Using pg_upgrade on log-shipping standby servers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> I don't see the "don't modify the user files" behavior changing anytime
> soon, and it is documented, so I feel pretty confident that those files
> were not modified on the primary or standby cluster, and are hence the
> same, or at least as "the same" as they were when they were running the
> older major version of Postgres.
>
> Is that sufficient?

Well, at the very least, you need to guarantee that the standby is
caught up - i.e. that it replayed all the WAL records that were
generated on the master before it was shut down for the final time.  I
don't think that telling the user that they must be sure to do that is
sufficient - you need some kind of built-in safeguard that will
complain loudly if it's not the case.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company