Re: Race condition in recovery?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Race condition in recovery?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 4:07 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> Reason for the problem was that the "-Xnone" parameter was not
> accepted by "sub backup" in PostgresNode.pm so I created that for
> backpatch.  With attached patches I am to make it pass in v12,v11,v10
> (with fix) and fail (without fix).  However, we will have to make some
> change for 9.6 because pg_basebackup doesn't support -Xnone on 9.6,
> maybe we can delete the content from pg_wal after the backup, if we
> think that approach looks fine then I will make the changes for 9.6 as
> well.

Ah. I looked into this and found that this is because commit
081876d75ea15c3bd2ee5ba64a794fd8ea46d794 is new in master, so actually
that change is absent in all the back-branches. I have now back-ported
that portion of that commit to v13, v12, v11, and v10.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com