Re: [HACKERS] [TRAP: FailedAssertion] causing server to crash

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [TRAP: FailedAssertion] causing server to crash
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 2:06 AM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I think so - specifically, that it's a leftover from a revision where the
> xid limit was advanced before clog truncation.
>
> I'll be finding time in the next couple of days to look more closely and
> ensure that's all it is.

A couple of days having gone by without hearing further on this, I'm
going to assume for the moment that my analysis is correct and just
push a commit to remove this assertion.  That's not intended to
discourage you from spending further time on this - it would be bad to
be wrong about this - but doing something we all agree is wrong can't
be better than doing something that I, at least, think is correct.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company