Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 7:14 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> We could make reorder buffers persistent and shared between decoding
> sessions but it'd totally change the logical decoding model and create
> some other problems. It's certainly not a topic for this patch. So we
> can take it as given that we'll always restart decoding from BEGIN
> again at a crash.

OK, thanks for the explanation.  I have never liked this design very
much, and told Andres so: big transactions are bound to cause
noticeable replication lag.  But you're certainly right that it's not
a topic for this patch.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company