Re: doc: CREATE FOREIGN TABLE .. PARTITION OF .. DEFAULT

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: doc: CREATE FOREIGN TABLE .. PARTITION OF .. DEFAULT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 2:27 AM Etsuro Fujita <etsuro.fujita@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 9:22 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 7:15 PM Etsuro Fujita <etsuro.fujita@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >  Attached is a patch for that.
>
> > I think we should also rewrite the description to match the CREATE
> > TABLE's text, as in the attached updated patch.
>
> Actually, I thought the description would be OK as-is, because it says
> “See the similar form of CREATE TABLE for more details”, but I agree
> with you; it’s much better to also rewrite the description as you
> suggest.

I would probably just update the synopsis. It's not very hard to
figure out what's likely to happen even without clicking through the
link, so it seems like it's just being long-winded to duplicate the
stuff here. But I don't care much if you feel otherwise.

> I’ll commit the patch unless Robert wants to.

Please go ahead.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com