Re: recovering from "found xmin ... from before relfrozenxid ..."

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: recovering from "found xmin ... from before relfrozenxid ..."
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 4:59 AM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> The countersable of this is pg_resetwal. The number of people who have broken their database with that tool is not
small.

Very true.

> That said, we could have a separate "class" of extensions/tools in the distribution, and encourage packagers to pack
themup as separate packages for example. Technically they don't have to be in the same source repository at all of
course,but I have a feeling some of them might be a lot easier to maintain if they are. And then the user would just
haveto install something like "postgresql-14-wizardtools". They'd still be available to everybody, of course, but at
leastthe knives would be in a closed drawer until intentionally picked up.

I don't think that does much to help with the immediate problem here,
because people are being bitten by this problem *now* and a packaging
change like this will take a long time to happen and become standard
out there, but I think it's a good idea.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: recovering from "found xmin ... from before relfrozenxid ..."
От: Amul Sul
Сообщение: Re: [patch] demote