Re: display offset along with block number in vacuum errors

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: display offset along with block number in vacuum errors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 10:43 PM Masahiko Sawada
<masahiko.sawada@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I think that since the user who uses this errcontext information is
> likely to know more or less the internal of PostgreSQL I think 0-based
> block number and 1-based offset will not be a problem. However, I
> expected these are documented but couldn't find. If not yet, I think
> it’s a good time to document that.

I agree. That's just how TIDs are.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Dmitry Dolgov
Сообщение: Re: LSM tree for Postgres
От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Re: Can a background worker exist without shared memory access for EXEC_BACKEND cases?