Re: BUG #7521: Cannot disable WAL log while using pg_dump

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BUG #7521: Cannot disable WAL log while using pg_dump
Дата
Re: BUG #7521: Cannot disable WAL log while using pg_dump  ("Boy de Laat" <boy@atsc.nl>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM,  <boy@atsc.nl> wrote:

> Bug reference:      7521
> Logged by:          Boy de Laat
> Email address:      boy@atsc.nl
> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.4
> Operating system:   CentOS 6.2 x86_64
>
> I've setup some slave replication and just to be sure i use pg_dump as a
> backup mechanism besides replication. But when the pg_dump command is issued
> much WAL logs will be generated and this is causing my slave to stop
> replicating because it is to far behind.
>
> So it would be nice if there is an option to disable WAL logging while
> running pg_dump.

pg_dump doesn't modify any data, so I don't see how it could be
causing WAL logs to get generated.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: BUG #7514: postgres -k no longer works with spaces in the path