Re: [HACKERS] pgsql: Avoid coercing a whole-row variable that isalready coerced

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pgsql: Avoid coercing a whole-row variable that isalready coerced
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> It's better ... but after reading the patched code, a lot of my remaining
> beef is with the lack of clarity of the comments.  You need ESP to
> understand what the function is trying to accomplish and what the
> constraints are.  I'll take a whack at improving that and push.

OK, thanks.   The good thing is, now that we know you have ESP, you
can use it with the Ouija board Andres used to decide whether to apply
sizeof to the variable or the type.  That's got to be a win.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company