Re: NAMEDATALEN increase because of non-latin languages

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: NAMEDATALEN increase because of non-latin languages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 11:11 PM John Naylor
<john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hmm, I must have misunderstood this aspect. In my mind I was thinking
> that if a varlen attribute were at the end, these functions would make
> it easier to access them quickly. But from this and the follow-on
> they may be. I'll take a look at the current uses of GETSTRUCT().

I don't know whether we can or should move all the "name" columns to
the end of the catalog. It would be user-visible and probably not
user-desirable, but it would save something in terms of tuple
deforming cost. I'm just not sure how much.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com