Re: Set log_line_prefix and application name in test drivers

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Set log_line_prefix and application name in test drivers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 3:59 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> writes:
>> I've always been wondering why we don't set a log_line_prefix by
>> default.
>
> I think the odds of getting to something that everyone would agree on
> are nil, so I'm not excited about getting into that particular
> bikeshed-painting discussion.  Look at the amount of trouble we're
> having converging on a default for the regression tests, which are
> a far narrower use-case than "everybody".

Well, practically anything that includes a PID and the timestamp is
going to be an improvement over the status quo.  Just because we can't
all agree on what would be perfect does not mean that we can't do
better than what we've got now.  +1 for trying.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: shm_mq_set_sender() crash
Сообщение: Re: shm_mq_set_sender() crash