Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 1:04 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Maybe:
>
>> listen_addresses = { host | host:port | * | *:port } [, ...]
>> unix_socket_directory = { directory | directory:port ] [,...]
>
>> ...except that colon is a valid character in a directory name.  Not
>> sure what to do about that.
>
> Do we need to do anything?  There are no standard scenarios in which a
> colon would appear in such paths, and I don't see why we need to cater
> for it.  (Remember that Windows doesn't enter into this ...)

True.  And, we should be able to design the parsing algorithm so that
they can fix it by adding an otherwise-redundant port specification -
i.e. if you want to put the socket in a directory called /me:1, then
write /me:1:5432

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company