Re: COPY table FROM STDIN doesn't show count tag

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: COPY table FROM STDIN doesn't show count tag
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 4:56 AM, Amit Khandekar
<amit.khandekar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> So I think it is best to solve this as a different issue, and we should ,
> for this commitfest,  fix only COPY FROM. Once the \COPY existing issue is
> solved, only then we can start printing the \COPY TO status as well.

I actually think that we should probably fix the \COPY issue first.
Otherwise, we may end up (for example) changing COPY FROM in one
release and COPY TO in the next release, and that would be annoying.
It does cause application compatibility problems to some degree when
we change things like this, so it's useful to avoid doing it multiple
times.  And I can't really see a principled reason for COPY FROM and
COPY TO to behave differently, either.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company