Re: [HACKERS] Change in "policy" on dump ordering?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Change in "policy" on dump ordering?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 9:30 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Meanwhile, we have problems that bite people who aren't doing anything
> stranger than having a matview owned by a non-superuser.  How do you
> propose to fix that without reordering pg_dump's actions?

Obviously changing the order is essential.  What I wasn't sure about
was whether a hard division into phases was a good idea.  The
advantage of the dependency mechanism is that, at least in theory, you
can get things into any order you need by sticking the right
dependencies in there.  Your description made it sound like you'd
hard-coded matview entries to the end rather than relying on
dependencies, which could be a problem if something later turns up
where we don't want them all the way at the end.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company