Re: pgsql: Server-side gzip compression.

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pgsql: Server-side gzip compression.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 3:56 PM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 at 07:12, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > wouldn't this same consideration apply to a very large number of other
> > places in the code base?
>
> All of the other places are handled. See locations with "keep compiler quiet".
>
> This one is the only one that generates a warning:
>
> basebackup_gzip.c(90): warning C4715: 'bbsink_gzip_new': not all
> control paths return a value

OK. I'm still surprised, but it is what it is. I've committed this now.

FWIW, I would have been fine with you just committing this change. I
can't see the warning locally, so I'm not in a position to
second-guess your statement that it's needed.

Thanks,

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com