Re: Deferring some AtStart* allocations?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Deferring some AtStart* allocations?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 3:53 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> OK, here's an attempt at a real patch for that.  I haven't perf-tested this.
>
> Neato. With a really trivial SELECT:
>
> before:
> tps = 28150.794776 (excluding connections establishing)
> after:
> tps = 29978.767703 (excluding connections establishing)
>
> slightly more meaningful:
>
> before:
> tps = 21272.400039 (including connections establishing)
> after:
> tps = 22290.703482 (excluding connections establishing)
>
> So that's a noticeable win. Obviously it's going to be less for more
> complicated stuff, but still...
>
> I've not really looked at the patches though.

Yeah, not bad at all for the amount of work involved.  Want to
disclose the actual queries?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum fails to keep visibility map up-to-date in mostly-insert-only-tables
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum fails to keep visibility map up-to-date in mostly-insert-only-tables